Saturday, May 06, 2006

Gilligans Island



Well we are three weeks from the first service at Doheny State Beach. I met with the staff today and had a fantastic meeting. They were beyond helpful. I was taken around the park and shown all the ins and outs, parking, loading, and a place to toss a tent if I wish. I know my friends are going to let it rip with Gilligan jokes so I thought I would beat them to the punch and point it out first. I know this is not what you might call a Church Plant but is sure is going to reach many people that otherwise might miss going to church because they are away from home, It will reach the staff of the park that wish to attend and I am sure, some people that might not otherwise go to a local church. What I hope will happen is for me to find someone local that might want to take over this next season. I have run into many kind people that have offered me help getting this going and I hope to do the same to those coming up behind me. If you find yourself on vacation in So Cal and want to stop in, please look us up Tone

No comments: