Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It Just Makes Sense


What are you thinking!! We are living in the new millennium it is 2006.You cannot possibly say there is a God, now can you. Get a clue dude; I thought God was dead, what proof can you lay on me.

Wow, I am sure you have all heard this stuff. Well, as I think through how I might answer these inquiries, I realize there are so many directions this conversation can go.

As for me, the reasons for believing that there is a God are so numerous; it racks my mind as to where to start .The first reason I believe in God is I am so unable to rationally define a world without a God. Look the vast universe; Science says that our universe had a beginning and that it is now running down due to the lack of available energy. In fact, the universe in which we live is fading away because of heat loss. Well since our scientific understanding rules out an eternal universe, and since it is totally irrational to believe that the universe sprang from nothing, the only rational explanation is that a supernatural being created the world in which we live; and that this being is all powerful, intelligent, moral, and, self-existent.

Another reason I believe there is a God is that atheism is incapable of accounting for the overwhelming experiences we encounter every day. The Non-Theistic worldview cannot fully account for such things as, the widespread laws of logic, laws of science, and the universal standards of ethics and morality. Also, if there is no God, then there is no ultimate meaning or purpose to life; we are no more than animals or rocks.

In closing, the major reason I believe there is a God, is that He has revealed Himself to me through the person and work of Jesus Christ. Jesus claimed to be God in human flesh (John 8:58). Wow, what a claim, but it is not just an empty bit of clatter from a nut He supported his claim by His unrivaled personal character, His fulfillment of all Old Testament prophecy, AND His influence on human history, but most notably, by His confirmed resurrection from the dead. So, if you are looking for God, Just look to Jesus Christ Himself. As the author Josh McDowell says (I think it was him), he was a liar; a lunatic, a legend, or He was, in fact, Lord So if you seek with an open heart, all the evidence, will surly point you to the very real fact that He is the Lord, the one who spoke and the universe into existence.
Tone

No comments: