Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Long Train Coming



Well, it was a long train comming but before I knew it it was a quick train stopping.

As the lyrics say "Makes me believe to my soul my rider calls that gone
But if I had wings, friend, like Noah's dove Friend, if I had wings, friend, like Noah's dove
I would raise and fly, God knows, where my lover was"

If I only had wings, Wow, This was the sixth "event" I was on with metrolink, and it is funny how my perspective has changed. I have been on the train for three or four suicides and a few "accidents" and it is funny how my perspective and attitude has changed. The first few "issues" I encountered I wondered how sad it was that people would be so distressed that they would step in front of a moving 200 ton moving train and end their life, but on this one, I found myself thinking, Oh my, I will be late for work,''' how sad the transition.

I hope I can "raise and fly" once again and that I am not so anesthetized by life around me that I do not once again, remember "where my lover was"

I can be, and I hope it is, "I am" raised on the wings of an Eagle,and am renewed in HIS strength, to be able to sore high above the distractions of life.

No comments: